Step 2 - Dividing the competences between the local self-governance bodies of different levels
Competences most vital for peoples’ life should be transferred to the power level closest to them.
Competences within the community:
- Preschool and school education
- Primary medical care and first aid
- Public safety and order
- Fire department
- Social protection
Competences within raion:
- Specialized school education
- Sport schools, boarding schools etc.
- Secondary medicine, general hospitals
Competences within the region:
- Vocational schools
- Specialized medical care, oncology centers, cardio-centers and others Regional development planning реження
- Natural resources preservation
- Roads and other components of regional infrastructure
Excessive competences at the oblast’ or regional level lead to the decline of the local self-governments. Therefore the life of local communities will be bad.